This face soap is for younger skin types and helps clear up the problems young people can have.
There are three helpful features in this soap. One is that the superfat is low. The other is the (not so) secret ingredient Tea Tree. The third being the lovely camomile Tea Tree is anti-fungal, anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and an antiseptic. Camomile is antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and antiseptic. It also has the ability to neutralize skin irritants.
The soap is easy to make with the cold process or hot process as preferred, and there are no advanced technics, so even young adults can make if they are familiar with the safety instructions. Find them here
Oils used in this recipe
Here are links on where to buy the oils used in this recipe.
Please support www.Soap-Recipes.com by using our affiliate links to Amazon.com.
Recipe percentages, lye, and superfat
This information is for advanced soapers. Go to recipe if you are new to soap making.
- 50% Olive Oil
- 40% Coconut Oil, 76 deg
- 10% Castor Oil
- 38% Water percent of oil weight
- 28.409% Lye Concentration
- 2% Superfat
- 20 oz Total oil weight
- Tea Tree Ratio 0.5
- Chamomile extract (tea) made the day before
|Soap Quality||Range||This Recipe|
|Hardness||29 – 54||40|
|Cleansing||12 – 22||27|
|Conditioning||44 – 69||55|
|Bubbly||14 – 46||36|
|Creamy||16 – 48||22|
|Iodine||41 – 70||55|
|INS||136 – 165||165|
Recipe for Face Soap Recipe for Younger Skin
Face Soap for young skin, with Camomile and Tea Tree
- 2 plastic, glass, or steel bowls
- Wooden or plastic spoon
- Silicone molds
- Stick blender
- pH meter or test strips
- Kitchen scale
- Microwave oven
- Safety gear
- 10 oz Olive OIl 284 grams
- 8 oz Coconut Oil, 76 deg 227 grams
- 2 oz Castor Oil 57 grams
- 2.6 oz Water 216 grams
- 3.02 oz NaOH 86 grams
- 0.63 oz Tea Tree Oil 18 grams
- 5 tea bags Camomile tea
- Measure your water, boil it, and make a tea with the Camomile tea bags the night before, or at least 5 hours before soap-making.
- Use the hot or cold process for soap making as you prefer.
Soap Fat Profile