This shampoo bar is a very well tested recipe, specially composed for hair that tends to get greasy in the top but dry in the ends.
There are many “secrets” to why this works and still has a bubbly lather. Low superfat, tea tree oil, and camomile are some of them.
Camomile helps give your blond hair a nice shine and lightens it slightly. Tea Tree helps stop the oily build-up. If your hair is not blond, leave the camomile out.
If you have damaged and/or dry hair, please go to this recipe instead: Shampoo Bar with Silk Protein
Oils used in this recipe
Here are links on where to buy the oils used in this recipe.
Please support www.Soap-Recipes.com by using our affiliate links to Amazon.com.
Recipe percentages, lye, and superfat
This information is for advanced soapers. Go to recipe if you are new to soap making.
- 30% Olive Oil
- 25% Coconut Oil 76 deg
- 20% Shea Butter
- 15% Castor Oil
- 10% Canola Oil
- 27.148% Lye Concentration
- 38% Water percent of oil weight
- 2% Superfat
- 17.64 oz Total oil weight (500g)
If you are an advanced soaper and have (very very) greasy hair, you can go lower on the castor oil and raise coconut oil by 5% to get it even more cleansing. But do run your recipe through a lye calculator. You can also go even lower on the superfat, but be careful. If you dry out the skin, it will give away more oil and make your hair look greasy again faster.
|Soap Quality||Range||This Recipe|
|Hardness||29 – 54||34|
|Cleansing||12 – 22||17|
|Conditioning||44 – 69||62|
|Bubbly||14 – 46||30|
|Creamy||16 – 48||31|
|Iodine||41 – 70||64|
|INS||136 – 165||139|
Recipe for Shampoo for OIly Blond Hair
Shampoo for Greasy Blond Hair
- 2 plastic, glass, or steel bowls
- Wooden or plastic spoon
- Stick blender
- Silicone molds (the one in the picture is a muffin form)
- Kitchen scale
- Microwave oven
- pH meter or test strips
- Safety gear
- 5.29 oz Olive Oil 150 grams
- 4.41 oz Coconut Oil, 76 deg 125 grams
- 3.53 oz Shea Butter 100grams
- 2.65 oz Castor Oil 75 grams
- 1.76 oz Canola 50 grams
- 6.70 oz Water 190 grams
- 2.50 oz NaOH 71 grams
- 0.55 oz Tea Tree Oil 15.50 grams
- 5 te bags Camomlie tea
- Make a strong tea from the water and camomile tea bags and leave it for at least a couple of houers.
- Use the cold process and let the bars cure for at least 4-6 weeks
Soap Fatty Acid Profile