Anise and star anise has been used in folk medicine and is known for their medical abilities. Anise seed and anise essential oil are especially effective against fungi, including yeasts and dermatophytes. But anise also has great potential as an odor stopper due to its astringent properties.
In this recipe, we use anise in two ways: Make an anise herbal tea with eighter star anise or anise seed of your choice, and add anise essential oil for scent after trace.
Due to its phenol-containing constituents, anise oil provides potent antioxidant protection that can help to protect the skin by neutralizing free radicals present in the environment. This protective property may stem from anise’s chelating abilities, which may inhibit the activity of certain degradative peptides.Lóreal
Oils used in this recipe
Here are links on where to buy the oils used in this recipe.
Please support www.Soap-Recipes.com by using our affiliate links to Amazon.com.
We always use essential oils from Piping Rock. These oils are very cheap and of really good quality.
Recipe percentages, lye, and superfat
This information is for advanced soapers. Go to recipe if you are new to soap making.
- 32% Olive Oil
- 30% Shea Butter
- 30% Coconut Oil 76 degree
- 8% Castor Oil
- 27.1% Lye Concentration
- 38% Water percent of oil weight
- 4% Superfat
- 24.69 oz Total oil weight (700 grams)
If you are new to soapmaking, please remember to read our soaping safely guide
|Soap Quality||Range||This Recipe|
|Hardness||29 – 54||43|
|Cleansing||12 – 22||20|
|Conditioning||44 – 69||53|
|Bubbly||14 – 46||27|
|Creamy||16 – 48||30|
|Iodine||41 – 70||55|
|INS||136 – 165||153|
Anise soap for odor control
- 2 plastic, glass, or steel bowls
- Wooden or plastic spoon
- Stick blender
- pH meter or test strips
- Silicone molds
- Microwave oven
- Kitchen scale
- Safety gear
- 7.9 OZ Olive Oil 224 grams, 0.494 pounds
- 7.41 OZ Coconut Oil 210 grams, 0.463 pounds
- 7.41 OZ Shea Butter 210 grams, 0.463 pounds
- 1.98 OZ Castor Oil 56 grams, 0.123 pounds
- 9.38 OZ Water 266 grams, 0.586 pounds
- 3.48 OZ NaOH 99 grams, 0.218 pounds
- 3 sp anise seeds (or three star anise)
- 0.77 OZ Anise Essential Oil 22 grams, 0.048 pounds
- Make a herbal extract the day before and leave the seeds in the water over the night
- Mix this anise tea with NaOH to make your lye and use the cold process method.
- Add anise essential oil after light trace and stick blend until trace
- You can use anise seeds for decorating by sprinkling it on top, right after molding the batter
Soap Fatty Acid Profile